" Carrasco said. "I threw a sinker to (J.D.) Martinez

Izazovite ekipe, izazovite nekoga na Howling Abyss !

Moderator: Dino

lw789

" Carrasco said. "I threw a sinker to (J.D.) Martinez

Post by lw789 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:56 am

PITTSBURGH -- Trevor Rosenthal didnt panic and neither did his manager, Mike Matheny. Rosenthal, the St. Louis Cardinals closer, got into a major ninth-inning jam, allowed the Pittsburgh Pirates to draw within a run and then load the bases with none out. It seemed the Pirates, who lead the major leagues with five walkoff victories, were on the verge of doing it again. However, Rosenthal escaped the jam for his 10th save and Shelby Miller won his fourth straight start as the Cardinals held on for a 6-5 win Sunday night. "That felt like a walk-off win right there," Matheny said with a relieved smile. "That was beyond impressive what Trevor was able to do there at the end to get it back together. Thats why he is pitching at the end of games." Rosenthal survived an RBI single by Andrew McCutchen to notch his 10th save as the Cardinals avoided their first three-game losing streak of the season. He got Ike Davis to foul out for the first out then induced Jordy Mercer to hit into a 1-2-3 double play to end it. "I just wanted to throw a fastball low in the zone and either get him to hit it on the ground or strike out," Rosenthal said. "It couldnt have worked out any better, though Im sure the rest of the guys in this clubhouse wish I could have got the job done sooner." Allen Craig and Yadier Molina had two hits each, including RBI singles in a four-run first inning. Craig went 5-for-11 in the three-game series after entering with a .202 batting average. Molina was 0-for-12 in his previous four games. "Hopefully, this is a spark," Matheny said. "Weve been looking for that thing that can get us clicking." Miller (5-2) walked four and allowed four hits in 5 1-3 innings, but held the Pirates to just two runs -- which came on Mercers first home run of the season in the fourth inning. "I didnt have much but I gave it what I got and fortunately it was enough to help us get a win," Miller said. Charlie Morton (0-5) was charged with only one earned run of the four he allowed over six innings but remained winless since Sept. 2, a span of 14 starts. He also fell to 2-10 in his career against the Cardinals. "I just tried to get back out there and put up zeroes after that first inning," Morton said. "We kept chipping away and we almost pulled it out but I cant give up four runs there, especially in the first inning. It put us in a bad spot from the start." Pittsburghs Pedro Alvarez had three hits. Jon Jay also has two hits for St. Louis as did Tony Sanchez for the Pirates, whose season-best four-game winning streak ended. Mark Ellis also had an RBI single in the first inning for St. Louis and Craig added a sacrifice fly. NOTES: McCutchen returned to the lineup after missing Saturdays game with soreness in his left ankle. ... Pittsburgh LF Starling Marte was not in the lineup because of lower back tightness, which caused him to leave Saturday nights game in the fourth inning. ... Pirates RF Travis Snider batted leadoff after missing the previous two games while serving a suspension from Major League Baseball for his actions April 20 in a benches-clearing brawl with the Milwaukee Brewers. ... Bourjos, who started the previous four games, did not start because of a cut on his right wrist that came as a result of getting spiked Saturday night while attempting to break up a double play. However, he entered the game in the game in the seventh inning as a defensive replacement. ... The Cardinals host the Chicago Cubs on Monday night in the opener of a four-game series with LHP Tyler Lyons (0-2, 3.45) facing LHP Travis Wood (2-4, 4.75). ... The Pirates are off Monday then begin a three-game series Tuesday night at Milwaukee. Malik McDowell Jersey . "Well over 50 (per cent)," coach Claude Noel said Tuesday after practice, where the Jets were looking at ways to cut down the scoring chances theyve been giving away. Earl Thomas III Jersey . Or take a relaxing vacation somewhere warm. Brayden Schenn and Scott Hartnell scored, Ray Emery stopped 32 shots and the Flyers beat the Calgary Flames 2-1 on Saturday for their fourth straight victory. http://www.seahawksfansprostore.com/Bla ... ml?cat=996. It was the most lopsided loss in Lakers history. Darren Collison had a team-high 24 points while starting at shooting guard for the injured Jamal Crawford. Chris Paul added 13 points and 11 assists for the Clippers, who apparently are trying to make up for decades of humiliation at the hands of the Lakers all in one season; theyve won the last two meetings by a combined 84 points. D.J. Alexander Jersey . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers (5) - Simply put, Lundqvist was brilliant. Cliff Avril Jersey . And I wanted to take this opportunity to share some of my experiences gained through International competition and the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan. Seven NHL referees and six linesmen will be assigned upcoming games in Sochi by the IIHF as part of their 28-man officiating roster comprised of 14 refs and 14 linesmen. DETROIT -- Alex Avila chased a popup back behind the plate, and with his momentum carrying him toward the crowd, he had little choice but to hope the screen would hold his 5-foot-11, 210-pound frame. "Not exactly something you plan," the Detroit catcher said. "Im not the lightest guy. You never know." Avila went leaping into the screen while catching that foul pop, and the Tigers jumped back into first place Friday night with a 7-2 victory over the Cleveland Indians. J.D. Martinez homered, tripled and drove in four runs, and David Price pitched into the eighth inning to help Detroit move a half-game ahead of Kansas City atop the division. The Royals lost 4-2 to Boston, giving Detroit sole possession of first place for the first time since the morning of Aug. 11. Martinez broke a 1-all tie in the fourth with a two-run homer, and then drove in two more runs with his triple in the seventh. Price (14-11) allowed a home run to Ryan Raburn in the second but kept Cleveland off the scoreboard after that. If the Tigers win the division they can thank Martinez, who has 21 home runs. He had never hit more than 11 in a season when Detroit signed him to a minor league deal in March. "Hes certainly been a huge find for Detroit," Indians manager Terry Francona said. "He started the season in Triple-A, and now hes hitting fifth for them. Having him makes getting through Miggy (Cabrera) and Victor (Martinez) a whole lot harder, and thats huge for them." Cleveland starter Carlos Carrasco (7-5) allowed four runs and seven hits in 6 1-3 innings. The Indians are four games out in the race for the second American League wild card. Avila made the defensive play of the night when Mike Aviles hit a foul popup behind the plate in the fifth. Avila made the catch while jumping into the screen, which served almost like a trampoline, sagging backward while the Detroit catcher remained mostly upright and bounced off it. "It was a nice catch," said Tigers manager Brad Ausmus, a former catcher. "I would have caught it without the jump, but he was nice.dddddddddddd." With Cleveland up 1-0 in the third, Ian Kinsler lined an RBI double to right. J.D. Martinezs homer made it 3-1 in the fourth. Victor Martinez added an RBI single in the seventh, and J.D. Martinez followed with a triple to right-centre that made it 6-1. Avila added an RBI infield single. LOOKING LIKE AN ACE Detroit won for only the fourth time in eight starts by Price, acquired in a blockbuster trade at the July 31 deadline. The left-hander has allowed a couple of big innings since joining the Tigers, but he also has shown plenty of his All-Star form. Price allowed a run and eight hits Friday in 7 2-3 innings, with seven strikeouts and no walks. "Just staying focused, staying with my process," Price said. "I know the stuff that I possess out there on the mound is good enough to get teams out, its good enough to be dominant. I just want to be able to pitch as deep as possible into the game." STREAK HALTED Carrasco had won four straight decisions since rejoining Clevelands rotation Aug. 10 -- and he had allowed only three runs in 38 2-3 innings. Included in that stretch was an unusual outing against the Tigers on Sept. 2, when he allowed 10 hits in 5 1-3 innings while also striking out 10. That ended up being a no-decision. He struck out five and walked two on Friday. "I had a good fastball, and I wanted to attack them, but I didnt make enough pitches," Carrasco said. "I threw a sinker to (J.D.) Martinez, and it just stayed right in the middle of the plate and he hit it out." TRAINERS ROOM Indians: Aviles doubled in the second, a day after he returned from a nine-day absence due to a concussion. He appeared in both games of a doubleheader against Minnesota on Thursday. Tigers: Ausmus said LHP Phil Coke (back) is day to day. UP NEXT Detroit LHP Kyle Lobstein (1-0) takes the mound Saturday night against Cleveland RHP Danny Salazar (6-7), who pitched his first career shutout when he faced the Tigers on Sept. 3. Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '